High Level Agenda
* It must be noted that the Central Bank Summit program on Monday is open to Central Bank Delegates ONLY
Plenary Session I: Trends in Cash Usage, Cash Cycle and Digital Payments
As the payments landscape is becoming more digitized, many countries are studying digital currency and forecasting currency levels appropriate for their future operations. This session discusses the trends in cash and non-cash payments, and whether the cash cycle is adapting to the change.
- 09:30 – 09:50 Cash Cycle in Oman By Shabib Shabibi, Currency Director | Central Bank of Oman
- 09:50 – 10:10 Cashless Societies By Angela Smith, Director of Wholesale Banknotes | Travelex
- 10:10 – 10:30 Cash in Transition report By Jens Seidl, Vice President, Consulting | Currency Research
- 10:30 – 10:50 Q&A
Plenary Session II: Panel Discussion - Best Practices for Commercial Cash Handling
This session will include presentations/panel discussion from Central Banks, Commercial Banks and Retailers on how to handle large volumes of commercial cash and to service commercial cash accounts. Competition is fierce and cash management is not the focus of many companies, yet at many of these organisations, large volumes of cash still needs to be handled and deposited daily. Listen and engage with industry leaders about the challenges associated with commercial cash handling and providing commercial accounts in an era where the branch footprint and interest in cash services is changing or reducing
Plenary Session III: Panel Discussion - Cash in Transition – A Digital Destiny?
There is much hype around the advance of digital payments, many Central Banks are supporting a less-cash society, but cash continues to grow in most economies. This panel will separate the facts from the myths and look to a future where digital payments and cash will co-exist, but cash in a digital world will be different and it has been transforming at a fast pace.
Plenary Session IV: Resiliency - BCP, Fraud and Cyber Security
As the operating environment changes with ever more automation and digitization in the cash cycle, new threats arise that could have an impact on your business continuity planning (BCP). Let’s hear how the key stakeholders ensure they know and understand potential points of failure and their plan for such failure. When the electronic payments infrastructure is rendered ineffective, cash is often the saviour, so ensuring resiliency in the cash supply chain is of paramount importance.
- 09:00 – 09:20 BnEI Safeguarding Banknote Procurement By Antti Heinonen, Chairman | Banknote Ethics Initiative & Adviser | European Central Bank
- 09:20 – 09:40 Cybersecurity and Fraud Risk Mitigation – Pros and Cons of Blockchain Versus Traditional Payment Systems By Diane Maurice, Adviser | Central Bank of Tunisia
Plenary Session V: Panel Discussion - Currency Quality and Acceptance
As cash circulates longer in the cash cycle, how is quality being monitored and maintained? This historic role of a central bank is being challenged by lower rates of return and the further outsourcing of the cash cycle. Hear central banks, CITs, and solution providers explain what is being done to safeguard currency quality and what new opportunities exist given the availability of data from the point of sale.
Plenary Session VI: Outsourcing of the Cash Cycle
The time has come for partnerships of CITs, FI’s, Central Banks, and suppliers to define the efficient cash cycle of the future based on visibility, cost-effectiveness, and security. This workshop focused session will push the participants to understand the obstacles to outsourcing and discuss what can be done about them.
- 11:55 – 12:10 Technology in Cash Handling Services - Finding the Right Mix of Automation and Craft By Levent Kocabiyik, Director, Business Development & Customer Services | Bantas
- 12:10 – 12:25 Disruptive Distribution: Creating a More Effective Marketplace For The Buyers and Sellers Of Cash By Mark Trevor, Commercial Director | Vaultex UK
Plenary Session VII: Cash Visibility & Authentication
To meet the expectations of consumers before, during and after their purchase, the retail sector has integrated its store operations, delivery and inventory management. Is our industry ready to provide such visibility to cash logistics? Hear a vision on how data standards and best practices can be used for cash logistics affecting intensive cash users and businesses. This new level of cash visibility will improve data accuracy, speed up resolution of discrepancies, and facilitate track and trace throughout the cash supply chain.
- 14:15 – 14:35 Secure and Efficient Processes Through IT Standards in Cash Supply Chain By Jens Eberhardt, Founder and Managing Partner | Cash InfraPro
- 14:35 – 14:55 Banknote Identification and Authentication with a Smartphone- Perception Study By Barna Barabas, Deputy General Manager & Marketing Director | Jura
Please note the agenda is subject to change without notice.